SupplyBank.org seeks an experienced, energetic and mission aligned leader to join our team as its Director of Operations and IT. The ideal candidate will have a successful record of accomplishment of building and managing multiple projects, inventory and procurement management, developing and overseeing staff for reporting, supporting ERP/systems design and implementation, personnel oversight, managing vendor relationships, and working self-sufficiently. The position requires you to excel in all forms of communication, including high-level written correspondence and SOPs.
This position will be integral to the transition from our successful $80M COVID-19 response program as we grow and implement several aspects of our post-pandemic strategic plan and goals. This will include a leadership role in the development of our new distribution center and offices adjacent to the beautiful Martin Luther King Jr. shoreline park on the East Oakland Waterfront.
SupplyBank.org is currently offering staff a hybrid work schedule: two days in the office (Mondays and Thursdays) and three days voluntarily working from home (Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays). As the needs of the organization continue to change, this schedule will be reevaluated for 2024 and beyond. Other in-person events and meetings with partners may occur throughout the year. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds with the qualifications listed below and a sincere passion for making a lasting change in their community to apply.
SupplyBank.org works through trusted local partnerships to strengthen the social safety net and deliver essential supplies to children and families in need.
All people have the essential supplies they need.
SupplyBank.org is the largest charitable program of its kind in California, distributing vital essential goods to under-resourced families throughout the state in partnership with a network of more than 700 organizations. Through partnerships with global supply chains and community organizations, SupplyBank.org provides a highly cost-effective and scalable mechanism for bulk purchasing and efficiently distributing necessary health, education, and emergency supplies to children, families, and communities that need them throughout California. SupplyBank.org exists to help ensure that under-resourced people have stigma-free access to essential supplies through trusted public and nonprofit agencies in their community.
Oakport will be a transformative nonprofit campus that will foster a community of passionate, equity-focused, and socially minded agencies who partner with the community, and each other, to do impactful work. It will be the largest of its kind in the nation at 160,000 sq. ft. of office space and 60,000 sq. ft. of warehouse space on 16 total acres. Local nonprofit organizations will be able to secure long-term location stability with 60+ year lease options locked in at below-market rates. With Oakport, SupplyBank.org will be able to increase their capacity to store and distribute health, education, and emergency response supplies throughout the Bay Area and across the state to Californians who need support. See more at www.oakport.org.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Community Development Project Manager (CDPM) will be the main point of contact for several key stakeholders of Oakport. Responsible for maintaining key organizational documents and serving as the point of contact to key development team members, the CDPM will also manage several projects independently that are part of the 16-acre Oakport development. This position reports to the Executive Director, but will have several responsibilities to support our Board of Directors’ Oversight Committee, PM/CM firm and other key stakeholders.
Specific principle duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and support the operations team, ensuring timely coordination with the Finance Department and Programs Department
- Manage the department and all staff, inclusive of the Oakport Street Project warehouse planning, and all 3PL partnerships
- Create, maintain, and implement systems, operations, and personnel plans to accommodate rapid growth objectives; coordinate with Finance and other departments as needed
- Oversight and enhancement of QuickBooks Enterprise and related systems, including integrating contracts, budgets and inventory/kitting processes from 3PL partners into our system. This may be done with the support of additional consulting resources
- Provide leadership and management to ensure proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures are in place to grow the organization effectively and to secure financial strength and operating efficiency
- Build and maintain relationships with key agency partners across the Operations, IT, and other departments, as well as certain areas of the Oakport Street Project
- Oversee support staff to ensure operations plans for shipping, 3PL services, and customer invoicing are correctly implemented, timely and in compliance with contracts
- Lead shipping reports and draft customer invoices for contracts and coordinate completion with the finance department
- Utilize work plans, MOCHAs and SOPs to ensure efficient and transparent workflows across all managed departments and collaborating departments
- Implement the agency procurement and sourcing plan, inclusive of risk management, projections and quality assurance best practices
- Grow capacity and capabilities within the department to meet new mission-aligned opportunities and programs for the organization
Oakport Street Project
- In coordination with a consulting team, manage the development of the ERP for the organization leading up to the opening of its distribution and job training center
- Oversee an external consulting team and your direct reports to develop delivery, warehouse management and related process
- Assist in the recruitment of personnel for the project and warehousing team
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; graduate degree preferred. Candidates with additional years of professional experience will also be considered
- 10 or more years experience in operations/IT leadership positions, preferably for organizations that work with large volumes of inventory
- No less than 5 years’ experience fully managing direct reports, ideally of differing roles and responsibilities and/or across multiple departments
- Excellent written and excellent oral communication skills; unwavering attention to detail in all external communications
- Demonstrated track record of success in providing the direction, analysis and structures to realize strategic or organizational goals
- Expertise in developing systems with key performance indicators for agency operations and/or initiatives – ideally through a CRM and/or similar platforms
- Experience creating and managing project and/or organizational budgets
- Self-sufficiency in new initiatives – capable of independently closing specific opportunities for key operations, new systems development and other projects
- General understanding of best practices for managing office and warehouse staff
- Great sense of humor and demonstrated dedication to the community
- Proficiency with QuickBooks or other accounting software; experience developing processes and custom systems a plus
- Proficiency with Salesforce or other CRM platforms; experience developing processes and systems a plus
- Familiarity with Asana or other task management platforms – excellent time management skills and strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with warehouse management and transportation management systems
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities, and skills.
The Director of Operations and IT will be an exempt, salaried position with benefits commensurate with experience and performance for the Bay Area Nonprofit Market. The salary range is $90,000 to $110,000. SupplyBank.org offers health, vision, and dental benefits and a Simple IRA with a 3% gross company match.
Interested candidates should submit an up to date resume and thoughtful cover letter through JobScore.
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS OR DIRECT EMAILS TO STAFF.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
SupplyBank.org provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other protected classification. Equal employment opportunity includes, but is not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, demotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination. SupplyBank.org takes allegations of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation seriously, and will promptly conduct an investigation when such behavior is reported.