SupplyBank.org is seeking an ambitious professional to join the team as Logistics Coordinator. The ideal candidate for this position will have a passion for social justice and systems change, and experience supporting the design, implementation and evaluation of a portfolio of programs. The successful applicant will be prepared to plug into a fast-paced office environment composed of a small but mighty (and growing) team working to address the basic needs of hundreds of thousands of low-income children and families throughout California to foster pathways out of poverty.
SupplyBank.org has a hybrid model for all staff that are not permanently remote, with 2 days in the office and 3 days working from home. This role will be required to be in the office at least 2 days a week.. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds with the qualifications listed below and a sincere passion for making a lasting change in their community to apply.
SupplyBank.org works through trusted local partnerships to strengthen the social safety net and deliver essential supplies to children and families in need.
All people have the essential supplies they need.
SupplyBank.org centralizes procurement and in-kind donations to provide upwards of $3 worth of necessities for every $1 invested. In the few years prior to the Pandemic, the Organization provided more than $65 million worth of materials including diapers, hygiene supplies, school supplies and various PPE to hundreds of thousands of low-income children and families throughout California. Our largest programmatic footprint remains in the Bay Area, but with significant growth in all 58 counties.
By distributing materials through a statewide network of partnering agencies that provide additional resources supporting pathways out of poverty, we aim to both alleviate the immediate symptoms of poverty, while incentivizing families to participate in programs that provide pathways towards self-sufficiency. Leveraging existing investments into the safety net enables SupplyBank.org to distribute critical materials through an existing and trusted infrastructure with a leg up approach (no line), while minimizing our operational costs.
Oakport Street Project – Oakport.org
Our next phase will begin with the completion of the Oakport Street Project Oakport.org, which will include our new 120,000 sq. ft. distribution center, 160,000 sq. ft. nonprofit center, 24 hour childcare for employees, massive murals, a two-acre rooftop farm and reentry job training program with permanent placements. With its completion, our programs for poverty alleviation, immediate disaster relief and others will scale to meet regional and statewide needs. See more at www.oakport.org.
Since the onset of the Pandemic, SupplyBank.org utilized its relationships with numerous state agencies, FEMA representatives and several other local agencies to establish and support 58 county specific emergency supplies programs totaling several million dollars each quarter. While they vary in distribution points, all partner with each respective County Children and Families Commission, childcare providers for essential personnel, COEs and other programs through public health/social services agencies. Thousands of organizations throughout the state are beneficiaries and several Counties made supplemental appropriations towards the effort to increase scope and impact.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Logistics Coordinator will report to the Director of Operations and be a crucial team member for our warehousing and distribution efforts.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with the Director of Operations to effectively and efficiently move resources that support all programmatic work.
- Direct inbound and outbound logistics operations, including all transportation and warehouse activities.
- Create monthly delivery schedules and reconcile inventory against delivery and warehouse reports on a weekly basis.
- Assist with biannual physical inventory reconciliation at all warehouse locations in partnership with the Director of Operations.
- Compile quarterly data reporting on distribution efforts, in-kind product values and other reporting requirements.
- Assist with financial reporting as it relates to the operations department.
- Play a key role in managing the Salesforce database for delivery tracking in conjunction with the programs team.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the agency’s operations.
- Additional duties may be assigned within the operations department and to assist with cross departmental projects.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience supporting operations, finance or programs, preferably in the nonprofit sector
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or at least 2 years of applicable work experience (which equates to 4 years experience in total with above qualification) in place of a degree; candidates with additional years of professional experience will also be considered
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team setting,
- Project management and budget development experience
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks with quick deadlines
- Calm, and level headed approach to problem solving, ability to think outside the box
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Workspace
- Interest in supporting impacted communities from various backgrounds and experiences
Nice to Have
- Proficiency with Salesforce and/or other CRM platforms
- Experience working with 3PL partners
- Understanding of California state and local government agencies that assist low-income children and families
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required.
The Logistics Coordinator will be a full-time, exempt position with benefits commensurate with experience and performance. SupplyBank.org offers health, vision, and dental benefits, student loan subsidies, and a Simple IRA with a 3% gross company match. This position has a salary of $57,500 dependent on qualifications and experience.
SupplyBank.org welcomes and encourages applicants of any race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected classification.